Sunday, September 6, 2015

Keep Calm and Pray On~

Good afternoon!!!

Sorry this is late, but we went hiking in Wrightwood today in abandoned mine shafts. I will send pics next week but the view from on top of the mountain looks like a screen saver. Anyways Elder Haueter and I set a goal to teach 9 investigator lessons and we only got 8. But I saw the importance of setting high goals for us that are do able, as you know, plans never go the way we want lol. It really stretched us. We set a goal this week for 12 investigator lessons which will be fun to strive to reach. I have been studying a lot in Alma 18-23 lately and have found so much insight into how to improve my teaching. At the beginning of my mission I felt overwhelmed because I thought I was inadequate to teach, and I thought later on I would be fine. But honestly if you are true with yourself you will always feel inadequate. That is why the way to teach is with the Spirit because there literally is no other way.

Dad- I am so sorry, but I have been so busy this transfer that I have not been thinking about home at all. Now don't think I don't miss you guys because I do, but I haven't had time to think about it. And yesterday after Stake Conference we were invited to go support ,now Elder Metcalf, in our ward get set apart. I realized that it is your birthday... So again I am so sorry and when I get more stamps I will send you a late birthday card!!! Please still love me;)

This is week 6! This transfer has gone by so fast! I will be very upset if either Elder Haueter or I get transferred out, but we will see.

I am sorry this is to everyone, but right now I am so tired and exhausted that I don't have the patience to type up a email to everyone individually. I love you all, and miss you guys tremendously. Keep calm and pray on.

Elder Harris:)

--
Elder Jorvik Ty Harris
Rancho Cucamonga, California

No comments:

Post a Comment