Sunday, April 26, 2015

Man this week has been interesting!

This week as I was awaiting Elder Harris' email, I just kept praying that the adversary was leaving him alone.  His email this week was an answer to my prayers and helped to calm my worry. Sometimes it is so frustrating to have Satan attack those we love the most.
I am counting down the days until the Mother's Day phone call.  I am so excited!!!  I am grateful that we given twice a year to talk to our missionaries.
Here is Jorvik....aka Elder Harris's email for the week: 

Man this week has been interesting!

Sorry about the call from Elder Calvert, that was my second migraine of the week and I honestly thought I was going to die.

This past weekend we had stake conference and seriously all my questions and concerns were answered and my fears were hushed. Talked to Sister Hobbs and gave me a list of vitamins I can buy that will help with preventing headaches so I'm going to try it. She also suggested to actually work out in the mornings. The one thing I have realized in the mission, I am not a morning person at all. I am literally a zombie until personal study rolls around, but I need to make the effort.

Today for P-day we have a zone activity which is just all of us getting together playing ultimate Frisbee or something like that. Last transfer we played capture the flag with Nerf guns, and that by far has been the funnest zone activity.

Yesterday after Stake Conference we went to Diamnondbar to a members home to have his famous chocolate pancakes which are sooooooo good, but had a great talk with him and his wife about the Plan of Salvation, and the blessing of the knowledge of the gospel in our lives. They are the coolest people ever! If we ever come back to visit my mission I want to introduce them to you guys!

So this week we still are working on our 2 progressing investigators and our recent converts. It is crazy how our list span the spectrum of desire. Our one recent convert who just got baptized last transfer is constantly hounding us about teaching him more and wanting a temple recommend which is super awesome. One of our progressing investigator finally is beginning to pray!!!!! Our other progressing investigator agreed to the baptismal invitation, but she doesn't come to church which we are working on. We are eating dinner with her this week, and we are praying to get her husband interested in the gospel:) We saw our other investigator who is literally an eternal investigator at stake conference which was awesome. His wife and kids are members or technically the kids are to young to be members, but they go to church and C ( the husband) is the non-member. He is super awesome. And we also saw the family we are working with which are less active, so all in all a good weekend.

Miss you guys! thank you for the emails! Love you guys a bunch and am very grateful for the important roles we all have together. A lot of the talks in Stake conference were directed towards families, and how important FHE and scripture study is. And I can say and testify that it is soooo important. The adversary is so real and tearing families apart. I see it everywhere. So I am so grateful for us and our testimonies! Stay golden! Love you guys!

Elder Harris

--
Elder Jorvik Ty Harris
Rancho Cucamonga, California

No comments:

Post a Comment