Wednesday, July 29, 2015

In the Second Coming, Southern California is the first to go...... (hahahaha)

This missionary work is hard.

This past week I pleaded with the Lord like none other, and I got reassurance that He understands my hard work. But it truly is the hardest thing to face. I had this incredible study but I forgot my study journal so I don't remember some of it, but I want to share it with you! Next week.

Also cool story, When I was with Elder Plymell I read the talk from President Eyring entitled "Mountains to Climb" and I prayed for a lesson of patience. Well I got it. My bike crash was still bothering me this past week, and the night I called Sister Hobbs I popped my shoulder back in. And now I have been told I bruised a bone which there is nothing I can do but ice and apply heat at nights. It takes 6 weeks to heal than I can do exercise that will strengthen my shoulder. But no one has time to wait. I think that day I got the news I went and moved a few couches.. hahaha Missionary work and service waits for nothing! haha but patience is a virtue I must learn. The Lord is in my life. I feel Him everyday. I realized in my prayers I just need to be straight up with Him. If I am feeling miserable I just tell Him I feel miserable. I think He appreciates that a lot more than the normal "thank the for this day...."

Well that wraps my week up! Also President Palmer emailed me this week! Can I just say I have the best Stake President ever, he is a boss.

Thank you for the words of encouragement!

ohhh another cool story than I give you permission to move on with the day!:)

So in zone meeting this past week we were trying to set a baptismal goal for this next 6 months of the year, and somehow I get elected to pray for us all to receive inspiration. I have never been answered from a prayer as quick as I did in that prayer. I got it in the middle of the prayer I wanted to stop the prayer and just tell the zone leaders what the number was, but don't worry I finished my prayer and told them. Then other missionaries started speaking up saying the same number I said. The Lord is so good!

The power of prayer is so real and I am saddened seeing people walk around totally oblivious to this power which is available to everyone.


Have a great week!

“Work without vision is drudgery. Vision without work is dreaming. Work plus vision-this is destiny.”
Gordon B. Hinckley
 --

Elder Jorvik Ty Harris
Rancho Cucamonga, California

No comments:

Post a Comment