Sunday, June 21, 2015

Importance of being a team player.....

My week was rough. One of those were every thing you plan falls through. Transfers just got done with. My trainer finally left me after 4 months to be a zone leader in Apple Valley. I am still in Chino, so get my first quarter of my mission in Chino!!! My new companion is Elder Pritchard from Utah.

I hope this week will be good! we have 3 potential investigator lessons set up this week and another 2 potentials still trying to set up. Also a less active family that we have been working with showed up to church!!!!

Got to see the other missionaries that came out with me at transfer meeting! Elder Mickelson is now in my zone, Elder Vance is now in a biking area in Mojave River area which sucks especially now that it is summer haha. And Sister Brentlinger is off to Hisperia which is in the high dessert.

So studies this week I have been studying hope. For this month we are in chapter 6 of PMG. I need more hope in things. Hope is a desire accompanied with an expectation. Hope and Faith intermingle. I notice I sometimes lack the Faith of expecting to receive promised blessings after I have done what we are told to do.

So glad I get to lead the area for a little bit. I am going to work so hard. I got to do weekly planning by myself last week because Elder Plymell was going home and it took me 20 minutes haha instead of 3 hours. I should just weekly plan by myself all the time haha jk that wouldn't be right. I notice how the mission prepares you for marriage. One of the Elders went home today because he finished and so we were talking about it last week. I think if I didn't serve this mission I would have a tough time being married. It truly teaches you on being a team player haha.

Anyways, I wish I could share everything I learn but guess you'll just have to read all my study journals when I get home hahaha. I have notice all the insight missionaries receive due to studying for investigators. The Spirit is so amazing!
Glad to hear your week is well!

--
Elder Jorvik Ty Harris
Rancho Cucamonga, California

No comments:

Post a Comment