Friday, June 19, 2015

Miracles & Gratitude

June 1st

Hey padres!!

Sounds like everyone is having a great week!

My week has been full of miracles and I am full of gratitude.

As you know we have had struggled with people to teach, so one day we had a list of less actives and potential investigators and we had no idea where to start. So I said a prayer for me and my companion, and we both had one name stand out- The Hathaway Family- so off we went and we found them all home. The parents had a flip flop day and had the day off hmm. Coincidence? I think not! hahaha.

Also we have been using the potential investigator list in our area book, and now have 2 potential investigators who scheduled us to come over this week.

This is the first week where we worked so hard and we hit all of our goals! The gratitude of everything that has happened this past week is just overwhelming.

We have a zone fast this upcoming fast Sunday, and we are emphasizing the gift of Charity and a gratitude fast so I am very excited!

This week in studies I have also been in the book of Alma. Where Ammon is converting King Lamoni. I have noticed how amazing the grand design the Lord has for everyone. If you notice in Alma chapter 19 the Lamanite women Abish was converted years before seeing King Lamoni and the servants and everyone fallen. If she hadn't believed and went to tell everyone the Lamanites still would have been following their old foolish traditions. All because Abish realized what was going on and believed years before hand learning. Wow how amazing?!?

I am also sad to hear of Elder Perry's passing. Like our bishop said yesterday, having those apostles influencing our lives when they pass away it is like losing a family member. What a good and faithful servant of God.

I was reading a hymn this week. Humbly and meekly now page 185, I think, but read the lyrics and look up the scripture D&C 45:3-5. It gives a better perspective of how much our Savior loves us.

Elder Plymell at the beginning of his mission bought the whole set of Teachings of the Presidents, and he just bought the set again so he gave me the old set and I have just been soaking in information.

Currently I am reading John Taylor who is so amazing, and truly a deep thinker.

Glad you guys got my letters!

Also with the weather heating up I am in need of short sleeve shirts, but if that is out of the budget it is okay don't worry about it!

I love you guys! hope you all are healthy and safe! miss you guys a bunch!

Love,
The son in sunny California Elder Harris

--
Elder Jorvik Ty Harris
Rancho Cucamonga, California

No comments:

Post a Comment