Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Spirit is so amazing!

This week has been amazing!

I have learned the most valuable lesson: Follow the spirit

It sounds so easy, but to actually apply it has been different because with Elder Plymell we were in a routine everyday. But since I am leading I had no idea what to do. I went on exchanges last week before transfers, and my temporary companion had us plan to go out and act like we don't know what we are doing because that is when you just are humble enough to listen to the spirit because you have nothing planned. Not saying to go out with nothing, but to actively seek for those unplanned activities.

So Tuesday we were just biking down a random street and a woman called at us and we just stopped to talk and she invited us back. We taught two lessons with her this week. Then yesterday again had nothing planned, so we prayed for guidance and we walked and ran into a potential which we went through the restoration. He will be out of town this upcoming week so hopefully we can see him next week. But I have never taught so many lessons in a week, and it was awesome!

Sorry dad, I sent my card out late, so Happy Late Father's Day!!!!

So lately what I have been studying is Going forward with faith and taking Elder Bednar's talk and applying it to "hush my fears" because we did great this week, but next week I want us to stretch even farther and I am scared out of my mind because doubts creep in, but I know if we do what we are suppose and remember the Lords hand in this work we will be just fine!

Glad everyone is doing well! Hope you guys are enjoying the summer heat because I am certainly not. Biking in proselyting clothes when it is 100 degrees outside is not ideal but more blessings I tell myself haha.

Love you guys! miss you a ton!!


Elder Jorvik Ty Harris
Rancho Cucamonga, California


Elder Harris sent this last week.  He is the one that is painting the blue ocean on the map!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment