Friday, March 27, 2015

1st Transfer...can't believe 6 weeks are up!

Elder Harris had some great one liners this week. Things like.....

"nothing right now just prayers lol a mission is hard haha"
"When I get home I am jumping in a pile of snow! I miss cold weather, I think that is why Heavenly Father put me in a biking area haha"
and my personal favorite....."Love you too!"

But without further ado... here is his email:
Well can't believe 6 weeks are up. A lot of people from my zone left which sucks because we had an awesome zone. One of my zone leaders just got called to Assistance to President! I'm still with Elder Plymell in the San Antonio ward and still biking. It has been in the 90's most days, and not looking like it is cooling down... Oh boy. Life has been good, not much to report. Just still working on the 2 investigators, and trying to get creative on ways to find people. This week has flown by, and don't see it slowing down for this week we are staying busy. I get to give a 30 minute solo training in district meeting tomorrow so we'll see how that goes lol. The one thing that I have learned so far on the mission is relying on the spirit because I have no idea what to say usually unless I have the spirit with me. We have a potential investigator who we are trying to get her to quit smoking, but she is having a hard time. PATIENCE is really a virtue haha and does not come easy to learn especially when I can't relate, but we are trying! Hope all is well! Love you guys!

I am really proud of him.  I have seen so much growth in him in such a short amount of time. President Uchtdorf gave an excellent general conference talk on patience, entitled, "Continue in Patience."  Here are some gems from that talk:
 Patience is "far more than simply waiting for something to happen--patience require[s] actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results [don't] appear instantly or without effort.
"There is an important concept here: patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can--working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!" (Ensign, May 2010, 56-59).
And a few more of my favorites from this talk:
 "Patience is a purifying process."
"Patience- the ability to put our desires on hold for a time- is a precious and rare virtue."
"Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself."
"Knowledge and understanding come at the price of patience."
"Patience is a process of perfection."
 If you are interested in reading the whole talk - here is the link: https://www.lds.org/ensign/2010/05/continue-in-patience


 

No comments:

Post a Comment