Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Surviving the MTC!

This post is from my first email from Elder Harris!  As a missionary mom, I can tell you that there is absolutely nothing greater than hearing from your missionary for the first time after sending them to the MTC!  Here is his email:

Hello!!!!! I'm surviving the MTC!!! Right when Dad and Mike dropped me off I went and got my tags straight to the classroom for study until 9:30. I realize here everything we do here is full of purpose and we are busy! I pass out every night hahaha. I am the district leader for my district here made up of 4 elders (including me) and 4 sisters. I have to prepare two lessons a day to teach to the class. I love it here so much!!! My junior companion is Elder Vance from Idaho. Food is not as good as cracked up to be. But I'll talk to you on my Prep day on Tuesday! Love you all!!!

I am going to share a couple pictures with you of the time he had with Dad and Mike before the drop off.
Last meal...hahaha.  They told me that while they were eating there were tons of missionaries there with their families as well.  He may or may not of mentioned that most of them were on their phones - which he gave up when he was set apart!

Lookin' fly at the Provo Temple

The drop off team!! Mikey, Elder Harris, and Dad in front of the Provo Temple

Dad and Elder....I love this pic! Apparently it was a complete coincidence that they both wore a blue tie (but we know that there are no coincidences - only tender mercies!)

Brothers!!! Love this!  They went to Temple Square.

Brothers - both leaving on their missions within a week of each other. Them and Dad went to a session at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment