Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baptism!

March 16th

Hey guys,

This week was slow, but finally had our baptism this past Saturday, and confirmed him yesterday, and gave him the Aaronic Priesthood!

Also lately I have been studying True Faith, and what that is which goes along with prayer and revelation. True Faith is amazing and I definitely want that gift. One of the plus sides to acquiring True Faith allows you to gain more personal revelations through the Holy Ghost, Visions, Dreams, or Visitations.And do I have an awesome spiritual experience that will probable make me tear up just typing it out haha but here it is:

Saturday morning we had a planned appointment to start a 15-step quit smoking program with a potential investigator. So while in studies I was daydreaming that after explaining the 15 steps I would be asked to give her a blessing, and while giving the blessing I felt another set of hands lay on her head. I didn't open my eyes, but knew it was the Savior. So back in real life while we were there and went through the 15 steps Brother N asked us to do a blessing with consecrated oil. Elder Plymell told me after the lesson that he was going to give the blessing but the spirit told him to ask me. SO BOOM! I gave the blessing knowing the Savior was present.

This week has been tough, but we are hanging in there. We are teaching DDS, and her testimony made me cry. She is a golden investigator. Also Elder Plymell left for exchanges, so me and Elder LaFontaine went to teach our other investigator. I had a frustrating experience when I invited someone to pray. Neil Andersen once said," Spiritual questions deserve Spiritual answers" well she isn't going to get any answers if she doesn't pray. But oh well, I still love her. Everything else is going well! Love you guys, and miss you!!
--
Elder Jorvik Ty Harris
Rancho Cucamonga, California


No comments:

Post a Comment