Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Off to California! Can't wait!

Honestly... ever since Jorvik decided to serve a mission, he has been SO excited to go!!!  He just kept telling me how he wanted to get out there and serve and he wanted to tell everyone about the gospel! In each of his emails, I feel his continued excitement and love of the gospel.

February 9th - Email from Elder Harris

Off to California tomorrow morning! Can't wait! I have learned so much this past week, and have grown so closely to everybody in our district. Three sisters are headed to Fresno while the rest of us are going to Rancho. But we are all headed to BYU-I in spring 2017 so DISTRICT PARTY after our missions hahaha. I miss you guys! Everyday though I know this is the place I need to be at to grow to become a better person for myself and for others around me. Going in as you know I sometimes get full of myself, but this week I have been knocked down to where Heavenly Father can talk to me and I am humble enough to listen. I know my Savior lives, and died for us. He paved to path where which we should follow. I love this gospel, so much and the joy it continually brings to me. The one investigator that sticks out in my mind is a BYU student named L. He sounded just like me when I was younger. He questioned if God even loved him. But me being persistent testified, and beforehand memorized the first vision. With memorizing the first vision increased my faith that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God sent here to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ. Hope everything is going well! Love you guys!!!

The first vision is amazing! I am proud of him for memorizing.  Why do I call it amazing?  Well, here you have Joseph Smith, whose parents talk him all about the Bible, and there was a lot of commotion about which church to join at that time.  And what does he do?  He does exactly what the bible tells us to do in James 1:5, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God."  I know that God hears and answers prayers and I know He answered Joseph Smiths.




No comments:

Post a Comment