Monday, March 23, 2015

I feel more focused....and that's a loaded question!

March 2nd, 2015

Yesterday we had the baptismal interview for MM, and got a call from President Hobbs that it is a go for the baptism!!! My first one!!! I'm excited. We stumbled across a family who is interested in the lessons, so we are meeting with them on Tuesday. And started teaching a less active sister with two kids, and a boyfriend, so we are hoping to start teaching the boyfriend too!! It has been a busy week. We did exchanges, and I was companions with Elder Beuss who is going home in 2 months. I thought it was useful to start asking him questions, and it really helped. I feel more focused, and I'm starting to take charge in a lot of things because my original companion and trainer is also the district leader. I actually do and have been using a notebook, and almost have it filled up with notes from talks, devotionals, and personal studies.

The "What have you learned this last week?" question is a loaded question because I could spend the rest of my time typing everything I have learned lol. The one thing I will say is for personal study I have been taking one paragraph in the Lessons and studying that specific topic. So currently today I studied Lesson 2 of Chapter 3 in PMG on Pre- Mortal life. I was struggling with what to study, and Elder Beuss told me if you can study the first 3 lessons until you can bring it up in any conversation then you can start to be an effective missionary, so that's is what I am doing.

This past week most spiritual experience has to be on Wednesday. Earlier that day we were out knocking doors, and came across this lady who was telling us basically she was to busy to worship God. I just thought "what in the world?!?" and it was a little discouraging because it feels like all of California is like that I mean it is called the Fast life here, but that night we were teaching a part member family and we showed them the Restoration video, and I started tearing up because it just reminded me on why I'm here and the importance of this mission.

Another thing I have learned and have been finding myself slowly doing is losing myself in the work. I know that change is inevitable so I might as well give it my all in what I am here to do, and embrace the change. I love my ward, and the people I am serving. I have been making it my goal to get and gain the trust of all the ward members because I realized how important the members are in the work.

Glad to hear your week is going well! Love you, and Miss ya!
Elder Harris

I am going to post below about the topic that Jorvik said he was studying.  If you have more questions, let me know!

Pre-Earth Life: God’s Purpose and Plan for Us
Many people wonder, “Where did we come from? Why are we here? Where are we going?” The plan of salvation gives us the answers to these questions.

God is the Father of our spirits. We are literally His children, and He loves us. We lived as spirit children of our Father in Heaven before we were born on this earth. We were not, however, like our Heavenly Father, nor could we ever become like Him and enjoy all the blessings that He enjoys without the experience of living in mortality with a physical body.

God’s whole purpose—His work and His glory—is to enable each of us to enjoy all His blessings. He has provided a perfect plan to accomplish His purpose. We understood and accepted this plan before we came to the earth. In the scriptures God’s plan is called a merciful plan, the plan of happiness, the plan of redemption, and the plan of salvation.

Jesus Christ is central to God’s plan. Through His Atonement, Jesus Christ fulfilled His Father’s purpose and made it possible for each of us to enjoy immortality and eternal life. Satan, or the devil, is an enemy to God’s plan.

Agency, or the ability to choose, is one of God’s greatest gifts to His children. Our eternal progression depends on how we use this gift. We must choose whether to follow Jesus Christ or follow Satan.

We are physically separated from God during life on earth, but He wants every one of His children to find peace in this life and a fulness of joy in His presence after this life. He wants us to become like Him.

Scripture Study

Children of God

D&C 93:29
Acts 17:29
Hebrews 12:9

God’s Purpose

Moses 1:39
John 17:3

Premortal Life

D&C 138:53–56
Moses 3:5
Abraham 3:22–26
Jeremiah 1:5




No comments:

Post a Comment