Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Very busy and right where I need to be

I feel so incredibly blessed to have two missionaries serving right now... and that I had a missionary serve for two years prior to Jorvik and Michael leaving.  I suppose blessed doesn't even really begin to describe it.

February 3rd- Email from Elder Harris

Hello!!! yes we have been very busy. We are a pilot district so usually coming here you have only one investigator the mtc pays for us to teach, but we have three investigators. We teach morning, afternoon, and evening plus our 6 hours of classroom instruction and personal study and companionship study. I love teaching so much!! Yesterday was the best day of my life. We taught the first guy LB which went alright, then taught B who we got a baptismal date, and then L E who didn't want to read the Book of Mormon or anything, but I was not leaving the room without a commitment of some sort, so I pushed him until he agreed to start praying!! Super cool stuff. One of the 4 elders is going home which is sad, but I'm so excited to get out of here and just start teaching. I have learned so much here and I love this gospel so much. I miss you tremendously, but I know I need to be here!
Love you!
Elder Harris

So as I was saying... having a missionary serving really blesses my life. I have all these opportunities to share the gospel with people who are curious about them serving.  In my own scripture study, I find that I am always searching and being directed by the spirit with things to share with them. A while back at church we were talking about when Christ called the Apostles.When the Apostles cast down their nets and followed Him, I thought about Jorvik's decision to leave everything and follow Him.  I am proud of him.  He made the decision to become a fisher of men. The Apostles did not have any formal training but they were humble, obedient, hard-working and willing to sacrifice everything to follow the Lord.  Jorvik is doing so well!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment