Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Goal.... to come home and have true, immovable, steadfast faith!


March 9th


Aww  - FAITH.  It truly is a topic that I hold dear.  I feel and have felt that it is my faith that has sustained me in this life.  I also believe that faith is the essence of testimony.  It was good to get Jorvik's email this week. I loved hearing about his upcoming baptism, his personal study, his learning to rely on the Lord, his struggles, and his desire to have true, immovable, steadfast faith.  His mission will bless others lives but it will more importantly bless his own.
Well this week has been busy, we have a baptism this weekend. And hopefully putting 4 more on date. We are doing a whole mission fast starting today at 7 until 6 tomorrow, So many miracles are going to be brought to pass. I have a great spiritual experience I want to share with you. 

 I was doing personal study, and I started writing a question in my journal. And then I pray asking Heavenly Father to reveal the mysteries so that I may be a better missionary. Well I had the question, and I answered it backwards. I started studying and had impressions that had nothing to do with what I asked, but by the end of my studying I read through my study journal backwards and it made perfect sense. Like how cool is that?!?! God works in mysterious ways.

Being able to rely on the Lord more has not only helped me increase my faith in believing in Christ, and believing Christ. But it has helped our investigators.

It is hard being out here in So. Cal. The mind set is "the fast lane" and it still bugs me getting rejected most days 10 times out of 10. But I know the field is white already to harvest, so we are just trying to find the ones ready. Which sometimes feels like no one.

Went on exchanges twice. One time was with one of the zone leaders, and the other with Elder Tate who has been out for about 16 months now. We had a great companionship study on true faith, and how to have it. So that is my goal for this whole mission, to come home and have true, immovable, steadfast faith.

I love you guys so much, and the example displayed for me through the years. Can't believe I've been out here for 5 weeks now. Have a great week!

Elder Harris

The Miracle of Faith:  President Gordon B Hinckley

A lot of people can question how you know something is true that you have never seen yourself. All of us exercise some level of faith on a daily basis. I know without a doubt that this church is true. My faith, I believe, is steadfast and immovable.  
This is an excellent quote:  Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism.


No comments:

Post a Comment